-

1 John 4:18 "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear..."

Friday 1 August 2014

Job 12-15 ; Journey through Job

Hey family, so I know I’ve been slacking on the blog uploads, and I apologise it’s just that I’m finding Job a bit harder than expected to get a hold of and fully understand. You might ask why considering it’s based on conversations, but that’s exactly the point, I’m kinda finding it hard navigating the poetry in the writing. However, after one of my friends gave me a new method of study which involves listen to audio Bible, GENIUS!, things that were unclear before started to make sense and God started to open my eyes to the meaning behind the conversation.

Within these few chapters, what I received was that sometimes you just need your friends to be quiet when you’re going through trouble because silence is better than a harsh word.
Job 13:5 (NKJV) says

                        “Oh, that you would be silent, and it would be your wisdom

Have you ever had those friends that just try and council you all the time? As much as I hate to admit it I’m guilty of being one of those friends that sometimes feels that I need to provide an answer for my services to be valid. These few chapters have taught me that yes a kind word is needed but when you don’t fully know what you’re talking about then let your silence be your wisdom. I bet Job’s friends thought that they were right in their own minds, I bet in the harshness of their words they were just begging their friend to listen and see sense, when it fact their unnecessary words just showed their foolishness. What they may have thought to be kind and lovingly rebuking words were actually tearing down their brother and often we may be like that. We may overlook the fact that we don’t actually fully understand the situation and just give our input. I think next time I come across a friend that’s going through hardship I will listen first, just listen with no intention of speaking back unless I really need to.

QUICK to listen, SLOW to speak


tawo
x

No comments:

Post a Comment