-

1 John 4:18 "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear..."

Thursday 14 August 2014

Job 19 - 22 ; Journey through Job

Evening family, so in post of my journey through Job, God really opened my eyes to the importance in each of us seeing and seeking to know the heart of God for ourselves. Sometimes we let our troubles or the things we’re going through change our view of God. Because of that, our relationship with God becomes strangled because we’re no longer leaning on the truth of God presented within His word, but we’re going off of what we see/ are going through.
As I was reading through these few chapters, it dawned on me that God takes our battles personally and therefore knowing this, I can begin to think that with every battle and everything thing that I go through, where I might think I’m alone, God is right there with me. In fact in most cases God has gone ahead of me and has sorted many of my problems while I was there stressing for no reason.
Reading through chapters 20-22 the first that dawned on men was when is in Job 20:4 when Zophar says;
“Do you not know this of old,
since man was placed on earth (NKJV)”

Zophar bases his argument on traditions and the sayings of the old. This made me realise the importance of learning the true nature of God. This requires us to not lean on what we hear– the sayings of old – but rather needs us to be open to Him revealing  Himself to us through His Spirit as we read His word.

Job’s reply in chapter 21 hits an important topic; the prosperity of the wicked.
Sometimes when we are going through tough times, it can seem not fair when it feels like our lives are going downhill but someone who isn’t saved is doing more than fine in life. Have you ever thought, well I have a personal relationship with God through Jesus, and I’m actually trying to live right, and they’re clearly not, so why does it seem like they’re living better than me?

1.       God did not promise that every day would be easy. In fact Jesus says that we ought to consider it an HONOUR to be persecuted for the sake of Christ because our reward is in Heaven and not on Earth. Matthew 5:11-12:

“Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. 12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.”

I am a firm believer that God uses our tests and trials in order to reveal more of His nature to us.
James 1:2-3:

My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.


Here James is saying that the things we go through, the tests and the trials we have to go through PRODUCE something; whether it is patience as in the scripture, or a deeper understanding of God’s mercy, grace or love, or even a fresh revelation of who God is and His character.

tawo
x

No comments:

Post a Comment