-

1 John 4:18 "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear..."

Tuesday 19 August 2014

Job 23 - 25 ; Journey through Job

Hey family, so we’re drawing nearer to end of Job as it would seem and the Holy Spirit is really opening my eyes to what’s in God’s word. When reading these chapters what really became apparent to me was Job’s yearning to find God. Job 23:3 (NIV);

“If only I knew where to find Him, if only I could go to His dwelling”

More often than not, it’s when I’m going through things that God seemingly disappears. I may search and search and search for Him during those times, and think pretty much the same as Job did; “Daddy where are You?” “Will You please rescue me?” “Can You hear me?” “Please don’t hide from me in this moment because this is when I really need You” “Tell me where You are and I will come to You”. Literally all these thoughts come through my mind and more, but I think that that’s the best mind-set to have, even if it does seem a little crazy. During those seasons when I couldn’t find God, the best thing that I could have ever done was search for Him. When I couldn’t see God, I chose to trust His heart towards me and I went straight to His word and read till He spoke to me. Yes these times are so frustrating and it will test your patience but more importantly your faith. I’ve probably said this exact same thing a whole bunch of times during the journey so far but it’s the truth that I will stand on.

Something else that spoke to my heart was Job 23:10-12 (NIV) which says;

But He knows the way I take; when He has tested me, I will come forth as gold. My feet have closely followed His steps; I have kept His way without turning aside. I have not departed from the commands of His lips; I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my daily bread

In reading this, the first thing that came to my mind was hearing God say “Well done good and faithful servant” when I finally make it to heaven. In reading these verses I also thought of 2 Timothy 4:7 (NIV);

“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.”


These two bits of scripture are a depiction of the Christian walk in that we have to choose to follow closely behind God’s steps as He guides us through the will that He has for us. In doing this we will have to fight to finish what we have started – along with God’s help of course  - because they’re going to be a lot of people that will start the race and but haven’t lasted through the race. This spoke to me in saying that this walk is not going to be easy but having fought and finished it knowing I kept the faith, will be reward enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment